Information given to MOPS International for the Ministry Agreement is confidential and for our group records only. MOPS International does not sell, trade or share any personal or church information with other organizations.
Section 1: CHRISTIAN CHARACTER, FAITH AND MISSION OF MOPS INTERNATIONALStatement of Christian Character
MOPS International is a community of like-minded Christian believers who serve the mission of the organization as its representatives, including all of the directors, officers, employees and volunteers, each of whom are an integral part of the community. MOPS maintains this faith-based community as an exercise of its Christian beliefs and as an expression of these beliefs to the larger community. In addition, MOPS subscribes to the Christian belief that all of its activities should express and render service to God. Under God, MOPS embraces the following statements of faith, which we hold to be essential to the foundation of our ministry.Statement of Faith
We believe in:
- The only true God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6: 4-5; Acts 17:24-28; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- The divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and authority of the Bible in faith and practice (2 Peter 1:20-21; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Psalm 119:9-11, 105; 1 Thessalonians 2:13)
- The full deity and humanity of Jesus Christ, who lived as a perfect example, atoned for the sins of the world at the cross, was raised from the dead and ascended as both Lord and Savior, and will return in power and glory in the fullness of time to judge the living and the dead, to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. (John 1:1; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 4:15; Isaiah 53:3-6; Acts 4:10-12; Matthew 26:63-64; 2 Timothy 4:1)
- The value and dignity of all humankind: originally created in God's image to live in love and holiness, but who became alienated from God and each other because of sin and guilt and are justly subject to the judgement of God. (Genesis 1:26-27; Colossians 1:21; John 12:47-48)
- The justification, by God's grace, of all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ for salvation (Ephesians 2:8-10; John 3:16-17; Romans 4:4-5)
- The present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling and transforming power Christians are enabled to live a new life and new calling to evangelism and discipleship of believers within the fellowship of the church. (John 16:7; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Galatians 5:22-23; Matthew 18:18-20)
- The spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender and class differences (John 17:20-23; Revelation 5:9)
The passages of scripture associated with each of the statements are not offered as proof texts, rather, they are intended to serve as a beginning place for further study.Statement of Mission
MOPS International encourages and equips moms of young children to realize their potential as mothers, women and leaders, in relationship with Jesus, and in partnership with the local church.
SECTION 2: MINISTRY VALUES OF MOPS INTERNATIONAL
Under God, MOPS International embraces the following values statements, which we hold to be essential to the foundation of our ministry.
- Dignity: The dignity of each individual life, no matter where she has been, what she has done or how she is choosing to live her life today. Embracing both believers, nonbelievers, and all ethnic and socioeconomic groups.
- Women: The equipping of women to become all that God has designed them to be.
- Mothering: The value of mothering for its contribution to the individual, children, society at large, future generations and eternity.
- Relationships: Relationships including the male/female marital relationship, the parent/child relationship, and the ultimate fulfillment of all relationship needs through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Marriage, Family and Single Life: God has instituted marriage - the covenant relationship between one man and one woman - intended to be a life-long union of husband and wife. The single life, either by call or circumstance, is honored by God. Unmarried people are an important part of the Christian community.
- Human Sexuality: Sexuality is inherent in God's creation of human beings in His image as male and female. Husbands and wives are called to exclusive sexual fidelity to one another and single persons are called to abstinence. God intends and enables all people to live within these boundaries with the help of the Holy Spirit and in the fellowship of the church.
- Relationship Evangelism: Relationship evangelism as expressed through Christ-like relationships in an environment for growth and spiritual development as faith shared through actions and words.
- Leadership Development: The equipping of women, MOPS Leaders, volunteers, staff and the Board of Directors to gain skills and confidence in their leadership abilities, to understand their influence in their family, community and world, and to guide others through relationship evangelism.
- Leadership Qualifications: Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and growing toward maturity in relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced in godly character, behavior and attitudes expressed in scripture.
SECTION 3: OWNERSHIP AND RETURN OF MOPS INTERNATIONAL MATERIALS
It is agreed that the MOPS name and logo, Group Experience Kit, DVDs, printed materials and access to online group management are owned solely and exclusively by MOPS International. The MOPS name and logo, Group Experience Kit, DVDs, printed materials and online group management can only be used while a current MOPS Ministry Agreement is in effect. Such use shall be confined solely to the publicity for and identification of activities sponsored by the MOPS group, except as specifically authorized in writing by MOPS International.
Authorized MOPS Logo Use
The MOPS logo can be downloaded from the MOPS Leader's website. MOPS groups may use the name and logo while a current Ministry Agreement is in effect. Such use should be confined solely to the publicity and identification of activities sponsored by the MOPS group, except as specifically authorized in writing by MOPS International. Additional authorization is not needed for logo use when producing publicity materials like posters, flyers, banners, websites, business cards, etc. Additional authorizations are required for logo use on proprietary materials that could be distributed or sold, including, but not limited to, the following items: tote bags, clothing, cookbooks, handbooks, pins, promotional items, stationery, etc. Any exception to this policy must be prearranged through the MOPS International office by submitting the Request for Authorization form. To request permission to use our logo, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The logo should only be used as is and not altered in any artistic manner. Avoid distortions, embellishments or other modifications to the logo or wordmark. These change the character of the design and diminish the consistent image MOPS strives to project.
SECTION 4: RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MOPS INTERNATIONAL AND THE LEADER/GROUP
This leader/group and MOPS International acknowledge and agree that:
- The leader/group is an independent receiver of materials and services provided by MOPS International as long as the Ministry Agreement is in effect.
- MOPS International is an independent provider of materials and services to the leader/group.
- The Collectives Group is not a division, section or department of MOPS International.
The leader/group shall be solely responsible and completely liable for any and all aspects of the Collectives Group. The leader/group shall indemnify and hold MOPS International harmless from and against all claims, damages and liabilities arising out of the Collectives Group program including claims by or against church/organization, its members, officers, Leaders, participants, employees and volunteers of the local MOPS program, whether members of the church/organization or not. The leader/group shall be solely responsible and liable for all recruiting, screening, training and supervising of volunteers or paid staff involved in the Collectives Group program. This includes liability for all personnel matters concerning any volunteers, Leaders, staff, and including without limitation, childcare providers involved in the MOPS program of the church/organization. The leader/group acknowledges that it is solely responsible for establishing and carrying out any policies that are deemed necessary and appropriate for the safety of children and adults during the MOPS meeting and for complying with all applicable statutes, regulations and laws of the state/province/county in which the church/organization resides.
SECTION 5: AGREEMENT SURVIVE MODIFICATIONS, RENEWAL, NO WAIVER OF BREACH
Once this Ministry Agreement is approved by MOPS International, it becomes the agreement applicable to the leader/group. It is agreed that all representations and statements contained in or attached to this agreement shall survive its approval. Once approved, this agreement may only be modified by written agreement signed by the CEO of MOPS International. The parties' respective rights and obligations as set forth in this Ministry Agreement shall continue in full force and effect upon the renewal of the Ministry Agreement by MOPS International except to the extent that they are changed or modified by MOPS International. If agreement is breached and MOPS International does not give notice of or seek to remedy this breach, this shall not prevent MOPS International from subsequently acting upon that breach or another breach.